Monday, January 7, 2008

opposites attract... likes repel???

"opp attract likes repel"....might be true for magnetic poles and may be charges... but is it true for peolpe too???
i was just thinking about this the other day... of course we all know we cannot form rules when it comes to people.... people have this uncanny habit of not fitting in any rules!!! but still i was wondering lets say two opposite people.... but how do we say two people are opposite.... ok let me modify the statement two people having opposite choices are together.... i doubt if they will be happy.... imagine they have 3 hours.... they wouldnt be able to decide a movie to watch... since we are talking about opposite choices means they will have no middle ground... so the movie one wants to watch is the movie the other will not watch even if paid to do so!!!! so opposites might attract in case of people but they cannot be together for long!!! bound to fight....

on the other hand lets take the example of two likes being together (ok like dissolves like ;-) ) like two opposite people two like people are also people with same choices.... so now these two people are together they like the same kind of movies same kind of books same kind of clothes everything.... so they co exist peacefully.... and may be even happily.... but what about 'growth' you are with someone who thinks like you... you agree on all things... there is no one to give you a different perspective... there is no one to tell you have you tried this author... you might like it.... and although this isn't your type of an author you still like his work... a bit different from your usual stuff but once in a while different is a good.... a nice breath of fresh air... and is definitely required... but you wouldnt get it if you are with a person almost exactly like you....
although i understand that it is difficult to find two people having identical choices... but highly similar choices will also become suffocating after some time.... i am almost sure.....

think the winning formula is thoda this thoda that... similar yet different.... atleast you can help each other grow and at the same time not tear one another's clothes!!!

and why this general statement and general write up out of nowhere.... well generally ;-)


P.S: I forgive my father....I forgive women.....I forgive my boss....I forgive the government....I forgive my barber.....I forgive my past.... I forgive them all..... I feel like...I feel like GOD!
-Bajaj Avenger TVC

2 comments:

ashoo_aks said...

Opposites attract..phrase when made maybe just referring to the sex of the beings.. considering the general conventions.. And we have taken it to all together a new heights..!! And whatever written here with that perspective seems to be true.. what I can see or say is that there is no definite formula for Hapinezz.. u just have to make it happen!

Out of nowhere..doesn't seem to be.. ;);)

and as I say it.. I aM gOd!! :D

Unknown said...

Arre cheezon ko face value pe lena seekh :P