Thursday, March 1, 2012

That time of the day....

You know that time of the day when the sun has set but it's not dark yet... the time when if you are driving you would really need to think about whether to switch on the headlights.... when half the buildings have lights switched on making the other half appear in darkness..... the time they call twilight... actually the latter part of twilight when its almost dusk... I don't know the difference too much... but I think you know what time of the day i am talking about.... it's that time of the day... actually it was that time of the day.... (You take this much time to write and it changes to night already!).... the temperature in the office was too cold for comfort... i stepped out... wanted to get away for sometime... looking for an 'open air' place to be... where i could sit.... with or without company.... turns out it has to be without company.... i guess its better that way.... so i sit by this pool... actually not really by the pool... but a floor above the pool but with the pool visible on the side... and a lot of buildings all around.... if it was a natural setting i would have been in a valley... with mountains all around... in it's own concrete way the setting was equally beautiful.... It was a hot day today... so hot that the sun seemed to burn the skin... probably the reason for the too cold for comfort AC.... the evening was "breezy"... but the breeze was warm....

Sitting there by the pool... looking at the buildings... the blue sky turning black.... enjoying a glass of juice.... I looked at random pople... I heard random conversations.... I thought of random things... I thought of evenings past...actually of the same time of different days... I was thinking of the evenings in my balcony when i would try to click that perfect picture of the skyline.... wanted to create an "Evenings from my balcony" album... i have quite a few pictures.... the album never happened..... where's the time....I was thinking of days when I sat in my garden back home... having mango shake... talking to mom, dad, everybody.... I remember this one day i was in the other end of our home... dad called for me from the garden... to show me what a beautiful flower had bloomed in our garden... it wasnt an exotic flower... it was your normal everyday flower... but he called me to see it... he was happy to see it... i was happy to see it.... or may be i was happy because dad was so happy... don't know.... now that i think about it I dont know if it was his way of saying come lets talk.... he just knows the art of conversation.... the evenings.... days when i would sit in my garden by myself readin a book... almost praying to God that Mom doesn't start with "stop reading you are hurting your eyes"... actually i was reading the newspaper today and missed being afraid of Mom stopping me from reading.... isn't the experience more special just because you know it will end any time now.... but i digress... not that there was a point anyway to digress from... but still I digress.... 

No comments: