Wednesday, June 27, 2007

turning a loser

Well a clarification... loser here is not what you know a loser to be ; a loser is someone who loses stuff... even materialistic stuff... someone who is prone to losing may be keys money pens etc...
i was never such a loser when i was younger...in college once i lost my bag and i got it back after a few days!!!! same with my college I-card also.... and i had the same eraser for 4 years in college!!!!!
when i was in school i would often lose my pen but i would be sure to get it back sooner or later... dont remember whether i got it or not... but i remember till recently i felt if i lose stuff i get it back... and thanks to orkut it has been true for my freinds also.... all freinds i lost touch with i am in touch with again!!!
but last month... i lost my keys... and didn't find em... and yesterday i lost my access card and didnt find it.... i was very sad in the morning when i realised that.... i felt as if the whole world is changing.... i felt funny.... it felt more like a warning for things turning worse in general... may be i am reading too much into nothing... but dont know... couldn't shake the feeling... specially when i was told the admin deptt is out of access cards :(
but i went to that lady she had a card for me :-) may be its just the cloud is a little bit bigger and the silver lining a bit farther.... may be the world is not changing after all.... but waht has changed is that feeling which made me feel whatever i lose i will get it back... now i am not so sure anymore.... i am sure next time i leave my phone on my desk and go somewhere i will not be comfortable till i get it... i will think i have lost it.... next time i leave my wallet in the office over the weekend... i will i think go to office as soon as i realise it rather than wait for the next working day/day.... dont know if it is for better or worse... but it ofcourse is for less comfort!!!!

3 comments:

Jivtesh Singh said...

:-) ... thought provoking muse :)
theres this village in maharashtra - where nobody locks anything - they just leave stuff whereever they want and there hasnt been a robbery in ages.

Anyways ... seems like you are 'losing' it as you grow older ... ;-)

ashoo_aks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

woah!!! what kind of freinds i have... one happy for me 'losing it' and the other celebrating my becoming a 'loser'
get lost both of you :P

here's news... i haven't lost anything in the past 1 week :D