Wednesday, November 14, 2007

just a haircut?

I went to this high funda high cost saloon the other day... to get a hair cut.... wait its not a saloon they are hair dressers!
I had been thr once before when i was feeling real happy and wanted to treat myself... it was a nice experience... those guys do make you feel like you are all that matters...
anyway this time i went... the receptionist recognised me... 'hello ma'am! nice to have you back!" i was impressed... obviously i didnt expect her to remember my name etc and she didnt! but i gave her my name then she asked me since i liked my last session would i like the same hair dresser this time too(she had asked me whether i was satisfied when i had left last time) ... i agreed...
now this guy comes he is all smiles... hey beautiful nice to see you again! so what have you been upto? hows life etc etc small talk....
then asks me what i want this time... relates to what i got last time (for a moment i was surprised he remembers! then i thought but of course they must have fed it in their comps!).... etc etc... and i generally have a good time... we talk about lots of irrelevant things... mainly about me.... like would i like blue hair! why and why not... how cute i am ;-) etc etc
then instead of saying we are running a promotion and we will give you a discount of xx% he says... since you are soo nice and have been so good to me i will ask the receptionist to give you a discount! and with a big you are the best smile added to it!
i knew what he was doing... just playing around with words... nonetheless i felt really good... that guy... infact everyone at that 'hair dressers' is in the vanity industry... and thats what they are playing with... vanity... making people feel good and charging a fortune for that.... but it works... because it is vanity that takes someone there and they know how to get a repeat customer! they make you feel so vain and yet make you like feeling it!!
of course i didnt take it seriously when he finished, looked at me in the mirror and said "woo!! u look like a bollywood star" the spring i had in my step after that had absolutely nothing to do with it!! ;-)

but had i been staying longer here i would definitely have continued going thr at least once a month... if for nothing else just to feel good for being alive!
Thanks :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gud :)

I believe small things in life make life worthwhile :)

These are the kind of things that you must cherish and if you can replicate it then why not ;-)

From the normal routine, if anything can give you a break then why not. One must indulge like in having an ice-cream, chat by the road-side :)

Cheers by Anon

Anonymous said...

I mean it's like 'Kya swaad hai zindagi main' !!!

Like having an amul chocolate or even tiramisu ( is that rt!!)

small moments, priceless :)

- Anon :P