Wednesday, March 10, 2010

When Google failed me....

You know how google knows everything.... everything from the lyrics of that song that you remember just one line from... to when winter olympics are ending... or have they already ended?? These guys even remember the 333rd birthday of an arbit guy and "create" a logo after him ... many a times a guy i haven't heard about till i scroll on the "google" logo... and they commemorate him... after all everyone should be commemorated on their 333rd birthday! Every time i have a doubt in my mind what is the first thing i do? I google it, of course... was the women's bill passed? Answer : Google; how to get to Augustin from Meyrin? Answer: Google; what is the average height of women in India (After a friend argues a woman 5'5" tall is short-normal as opposed to my opinion of tall-normal ) I know if i have a question.. Google will have the answer... it does...
Apparently not anymore... seems like i dont have innocent questions anymore... Google does not tell me what to do if i realise the dessert I my vegetarian friend is really looking forward to eat has egg... I am in a big dilemna google doesn't know the answer... for a fact... like it knows the answer to when winter olympics are ending...
when i want to know do i really want this in life... google doesn't know the answer again... Do i want to face it as a challenge and do it anyway or realise i dont want to do it and back off... am i telling myself i dont want to do it because its hard to do or is it because i really dont want to do it... i ask this to google it gives me about "9,480,00" hits... i dont think anything is useful considering the first hit is "American Psycho(2000) memorable quotes"...
I think google isnt really what i thought in my mind it was... i thought it had all answers.... but today i realised it has none... I am facing a mid life crisis, google doesn't know what to do about it... although it does clearly define mid life crisis for me...
My boy friend ditches me and its his birthday today Google doesn't know if i should wish him... but it does know of stories of what people did on the 1st birthday after break up...
but what is interesting is... if you google a real life problem, google does give you hits... an in-numberable number of hits,... and without fail there will be some hits that interest you... and you will start reading those... and from there to something else to something else to something else... till the time you start reading about Iraq war completely forgetting about the ex and the birthday and having a good time.... In a way that's google's answer to your problem... it doesnot tell you what to do... but in a way makes you do it... that is forget about your problems...

So did google really fail me???? Well Noo!!!!!

4 comments:

Aneesh or whatever said...

you know if you try to map a geometric figure on your thoughts those you write in your blog it will be a very interesting piece of drawing... :)

two things one i feel google is good at giving information on "subjects" than providing answers to "questions"

two, when i dont want answers or rather knowingly avoiding the inevitable then even if information on subject do not make any sense...

two point four five six, bringing the tangent back to centre we should thank someone that google really does not know somethings, as my friend says what if google knows everything and vanishes one day or become paid for that matter... lets use some other search engine :P and ask...

Unknown said...

two point six point 8 point nine
i think everyone's thoughts are like that... jumping from here to there... a bleak link somewhere... and sometimes it's interesting to find that bleak link!
The other day I reached from Titania (queen of fairies) to superman to achilles heel...
and believe me these are strongly interlinked!!! (through wiki hyperlinks that is!)

Jivtesh Singh said...

A thought provoking post. I too have been a google follower asking it questions like - "what to do when your employees come in late?" to "why did godric have to die in true blood" ... and you are right ... it might not give the exact answer but it distracts you from the question reasonably enough :)

Unknown said...

reading your "when to do when employees come in late" i am reminded of a time when i tried to google "where can i find my lost keys" believe me i found reasonable enough hits!