Monday, August 23, 2010

Windows aint perfect after all!!

I have lost all my faith in Windows today!!

I know i know, windows has always had it's faults but despite it being my OS for the good part of my computing life and that occasional log off/shut down and log on again I have never really had any issues with the OS.. i use it for simple day to day things... excel, word, Ppts, IE etc. etc. and never really cribbed but today had to be the day when i lost all faith!
I started the day on a bad note today... nothing major, i just woke up hungover... and i hadnt even partied last night! I mean the least i expect if i have to have a hangover is to have had a good time the night before... but noo... i have a perfectly normal sunday... spent the better part of it travelling to Zurich with an old freind and the other part coming back and crashing... and when i woke up in the morning my head was spinning my mouth was dry and i thought everyone was talking a bit too loud!!! so the day is already bad and probably my glass is half empty already.... and i reach office...
The wallpaper on my desktop is the default windows wallpaper, the one with yellow tulips... it's my wallpaper for a reason! I love yellow ... this colour never ceases to lift my spirits... and i dont even know how often this is my wallpaper... i change it and then come back to it... there's just something about the colour yellow... its so lively... it makes the glass half full most of the times... and you know how the windows wallpapers are... alway perfect... look at the wall paper... the bright yellow against the deep blue skies... and the bottle green leaves to add to the multiple colours... simple colours... not a riot or anything... but yet so lively... so alive... promising you a good day... just 4 colours... there's the white clouds as well... all the colours so true to themselves... the yellow is so yellow the blue so blue... the green so green... it's the perfect wall paper for me... it has yellow and it has tulips... i have started loving tulips... they have a long long shelf life!!!

but today i look at the wall paper and what do i see??? A wilted leaf!!! yes it's there... i cleared my eyes and tried to clear my head and i looked again... yes the wilted leaf is there... and this is the first thing i see... not the tulips... Not the deep blue sky.... not even the leaves in general... but that one wilted leaf!!! I mean you are shipping a product at least make sure the basic things are in order... the pictures you ship as default at least they should be picture perfect! how do you expect me to trust your product if you are shipping wilted leaves with it!! wilted leaves!!! ouch!!! and to think i have had this as my wall paper for so many years.. .not continuously but yes i have had it.... and i have never noticed it!! but it is rt thr!!! ouch!! if anything else goes terribly wrong today i don't think i would mind... i have just lost faith.... in my wallpaper... in that thing that made my day better so many times... and now i know, for no real reason... I don't know what to do now!!
i am so lost now... should i chnage the OS... Linux? is it an option? buy a Mac? Convince my employer to use only Macbooks? go into hibernation till windows is extinct?
Ahh life is so difficult!

4 comments:

Jivtesh Singh said...

He he he :)
The funniest thing I have read this decade.

Unknown said...

:-)
Thanks!

Aneesh or whatever said...

probably if you switch to mac you will get the 10 on 10 perfection. But old windows is what we all are deep blue sky, bright yellow tulips bouncing on contrast of bottle green leaves... some of them supported the full panorama so long that they deserved gracious wilting... we all deserve... so you have a choice shift to the 10 on 10 colored shades or give the wilting leaves there space and imbibe the beauty along with them (as you have done for so long)...

Unknown said...

Waaao!!!! seriously Waao!!
i guess wilted leaves should be allowed... you are so right... windows i love you again ;-)
and it is not purely because of me taking the "high road" so to say.. it may be because of the comfort levels with Windows!!